- What salary range are we discussing?
- What’s your dress code: do you wear casual clothes, business casuals, suits or does nobody care as long as it’s not revealing? What about spring/summer – are tshirts/shorts/sandals ok?
- What is the typical hardware setup for development – I love to work with 2 big screens (NOT a notebook + screen), with a powerful development machine, either a notebook w/ docking station or a powerful (>=4 core, >=8GB RAM) desktop. What’s yours?
- Which java version, frameworks, servers?
- I love using IntelliJ IDEA, is it a problem?
- Can I park my bike in a *safe* place? Next to my desk is ideal, next room probably as well.
- Is there a shower in the office?
- Which version control do you use, is it centralised (svn, perforce) or distributed (git, hg)
- What environment do you use for development (Windows or Linux or ..?) and deployment?
- What time do you start/finish work?
- Do you work in any ‘strange’ times – evenings, holidays, weekends?
- Do you do overtime? How much, how much is it paid, what’s the average overtime per month per developer?
- Which day of the month do salaries get transferred?
- Do you have a wiki? A library? Conduct internal trainings? Send people to trainings? Have a conference budget?
- Who chooses technologies used in projects? What role will my voice play there?
- Do you use a CI sever? Sonar?
- Who chooses technologies in the projects? How do you build them?
- What apart from java: groovy, scala, clojure, …?
- Can I work from home? Can I leave for a few hours and then make up for it later?
1 thought on “So.. you’d like to hire?”
Właśnie wykorzystałem. 🙂 Piękne dzięki.